Heads

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heads
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:34:50 EDT
<<Does anyone have any experience with aluminum heads xflow or non xflow.
I've been curious if they are really worth the money. Do either give a
noticeable increase in horse power.>>

The non cross flow head will only give you what a mild porting job would give
on a stock cast iron head.

The crossflow head gives a significant torque and power boost, with suitable
mods to the rest of the engine. I've been using these for years on my MGs and
TVR for racing.

Whether they are worth the money only you can say - I've seen otherwise
sensible people spend hundreds on a Weber to bolt onto an otherwise stock
engine, and count the one or two horsepower increase as money well spent. Go
figure! Must be the image, not the power they were after in the first place,
I suppose.

Bill S.