Re: Got the car started - for 5 minutes! Need battery!

To: avi@pccdesign.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Got the car started - for 5 minutes! Need battery!
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:24:15 EDT
I put one for a Honda Civic in my Midget. It is narrower than the Group
26 they say to use so it is easier to get in and out. It seems to have
plenty pf cranking power in it as well. I drove the car for about 150 -
200 miles on the battery alone before the Alt showed up in the mail.

Larry

>Well, I think I found the problem. The battery is dying. I used a
>Voltmeter to check everything, and the highest voltage I could get from
>the battery was 5.7. I also checked the ground to the body and the
>positive connection deeper in the engine bay. I also tightened the wires
>going into the main fuse before the fusebox. Then I hooked up my Trans Am
>again, and all of a sudden everything worked! I charged it for awhile, the
>car was running, everything seemed great. Then I was driving it back to my
>place and it died again. The Voltmeter said the battery was putting out
>3V. My brother said the battery is 5 years old and that it's probably bad.
>We hope it's not the generator.
>
>Anyway, the local parts store doesn't have a battery for the Midget -
>where can I get one, or is there a specific part number / brand / model
>number that will work? It's a 1979 Midget.
>
>Thanks again for all the help!
>
>Avi

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?