Re: Experience with custom enginecomponents?boundary="------------DA84EB

To: <RJohn50603@aol.com>, <a.d.zimmerman@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Experience with custom enginecomponents?boundary="------------DA84EBFC07...
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 08:47:32 -0700
Not personally, but one of my friends in the local MG club used one when he
rebuilt his '78 B a few years ago. He has since taken it out and reverted to
a standard grind. I guess most of these cams work best in high-compression
engines (which require fuels not available today) and also require being
driven hard all the time to take advantage of their capabilities at the
upper end of the rev range. The one he used (from V-B, sold as being
designed for an increase in mid-range power) gave a poor idle, bad fuel
economy and only a modest boost in power over 3,500 rpm.

Lawrie