Re: Top Replacement

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Top Replacement
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:17:53 +0100
FWIW, my front bow extends out past the glass, but is about 1" above the
glass with them fully wound up.  The gutters fit snugly to the top of the
glass, and the flaps hang down behind the glass and pressed up against it.

I have recently noticed how many 'quality' hoods have the gutters are so far
above the glass that the flap barely covers that gap and in fact bows in,
leaving space for rain to blow in.  I had assumed that this was because
there is insufficient material across the width of the hood, but wondered
yesterday (while we sitting in the rain in a car park eating our bacon rolls
waiting for the start of the Arden Heritage Run) that perhaps it was because
the bow was too high, i.e. the opposite problem to Chris.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/