was Danbury, CT now PA plates

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: was Danbury, CT now PA plates
From: DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@yr.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:45:41 -0400
          Allen,

          Great summary of the PA Antique/collectible/classic plates.  But
          the nit pick department relates the following - your comment
          about antique cars being limited to daylight driving (with
          original lights) is a little off according to my notary (for you
          folks not from the state where America begins - that's PA talk
          for the person who gets your plates and administers other
          assorted DMV tasks on behalf of the Commonwealth).  I got a 15
          minute lecture on this very topic so from his mouth to my ears to
          your eyeballs ... he claims that you are only limited to daylight
          driving if your antique car is equipped with original lighting
          that is limited (kerosene lanterns?) or has no lighting at all
          (duh?).  Accordingly, a 56 Chevy, with antique plates and
          original lights, *can* be legally driven at night.  Fact?
          Fiction?  Don't really know!  Personally, I got regular plates
          cause I live in an area exempt from emmissions testing - YMMV.

          BTW, I'm on the digest so if someone has already mentioned this

          Happy fourth!!!

          Dr. Doug