RE: Tonneau/Tie-Rod/Hose Questions

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: RE: Tonneau/Tie-Rod/Hose Questions
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 11:39:14 -0700
Bob:

        I usually put an extra snap on each door skin just to the rear of
the vent windows.  This prevents the flap that goes over the wound down
window from flapping at speed.

        The extra fasteners you have are included to mount into the flaps in
the center of the tonneau.  These fasten the folded tonneau down to the
front edge of the battery compartment shelf.

        Lubing the tie-rod ends will not hurt anything, so long as you do
not damage the boot.

        The radiator hoses are typical market driven products.  The external
cracks are very typical, but the repro hoses seem to hold up for some time
after external deterioration.  I would suggest always carrying a spare and a
roll of electrical tape.
        The original Dunlop reinforced hoses are still available, but at
$24.50 retail they do not seem to be very popular. (470-275) available from
where ever you buy Moss parts from.

Happy Saturday.

Kelvin