Re: TIRED OF RUNNING HOT

To: "MIKE NADEAU" <NADE18@prodigy.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TIRED OF RUNNING HOT
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:26:33 +1000
Mike,

> I've got one for everyone. My "69" seems to run hot on the highway. It has
> totally rebuilt motor in it. New just about everything (Crank and cam

What plugs are you using? Maybe try a cooler grade? You could also be
running too lean on the carbies. I don't get out much on the motorway in my
A at all, and this weekend I found I was slightly too lean and starting to
overheat - Luckily I caught it very early as I was also stopping every 30km
or so to check her out, plugs etc, water etc being paranoid as this was the
first long trip this car has made in over 10 years!  Anyway when I
enrichened the mixture she ran perfectly for the rest of the trip, no
overheating at all.

Cheers,
Neil.