Re: Help: repair Stromberg-Zenith carb

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help: repair Stromberg-Zenith carb
From: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 01:48:35 +0000

>Date: Sat, 3 Jul 99 19:13:41 EDT
>From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
>Subject: Help:repair Stromberg-Zenith carb
>
>Hi all, Happy 4th to the Americans on the list.
>
>My Stromberg-Zenith carb on a 76B is drinking the damping oil like there is
>no tomorrow. A refill is needed every 50 miles or less.
>I had requested help on this problem and was told a bit ago that the o-ring
>needs replacement. Fine.
>   Is it the o-ring associated with the float chamber plug? If so, does the
>plug just yank out. It certainly does not screw out. If it yanks, can it be
>done without removing the carb totally? Maybe I was too gentle.
>
>If it is not that o-ring, which is it? ...I am looking at Haynes p.83 which
is the
>same diagram as in Bentley  and I can see only that o-ring.
>
>Otherwise, she runs well with all the burps and pings I have come to expect.
>TIA,
>Bill ('76B)

Bill,

Look at the diagram in the upper right hand corner of page 18 of the
Moss catalog (Edition MGB 11, April 1999).  The part you want is #5, Moss
part number 365-420.  In order to get at it, you have to remove the
star shaped retaining clip (#4 in the diagram.)

Peter Schauss, Long Island, NY
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB