RE: ENGINE NUMBER - Now High compression

To: "'Dodd, Kelvin'" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: ENGINE NUMBER - Now High compression
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 08:52:08 +0200
Hi,

Interesting stuff - my engine number falls into the smae range.
As mentioned this range is the last one with high compression.
1       What would the compression be?
2       Does this high compression has advantages or disadvantages
3       I have removed the gulp valve etc., so the sump is breathing
directly
        to the inlet manifold. Is the allright or should there be other
changes
        needed in order to have the engine running correctly?
        The engine has not been restarted after the longish restoration.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT serial 23*****