Still running hot

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still running hot
From: "MIKE NADEAU" <NADE18@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 23:22:16 -0700
Ok, here goes with part 2.  The dist. is a 25d unit and I'm running a weber
downdraft. Symptoms the same with SU's. Disconnected the vacuum line to
check timing. The manual said for a 18gb-h at 600 rpm that it should be 14
deg b.t.d.c, I had about  6 deg. So I loosened the holding clamp and moved
the dist. to around 10 deg. Engine only has three timing marks. T.D.C, 5 deg
& 10 deg.? Now I have a slight miss while trying to maintain a speed between
1600-2800 rpm. It seems to go away under power. What  is the correct timing
for this engine running unleaded gas. Today was in the 90's and I got the
same results, runs N around  40 mph and goes toward H above that. Not sure
exactly what heat range the plugs are, local NAPA looked them up for correct
ones. Someone told me to check the voltage stabilizer to see if it is
working  properly. I'll check that tomorrow. I will find the answer to this
problem. The lucas gods picked the wrong guy to mess with. Thanks for the
replies so far, I'll keep you posted  on my progress or lack there of.

Mike