alternator info, FYI

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: alternator info, FYI
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 08:40:47 -0600
Excerpts from Alan Lott's message:
>More cursing. Back to wiring diagram for the hundredth time. Decide to look
>at all years and determine differences between each. Ah-ha!!!! Notice in
>1973-1974 wiring diagram that the "three terminal" alternator needs TWO 12V
>connections, one for EACH of the large lugs.

What wiring diagrams were you using? Are they any better than those in the
Haynes manual?

I have some wiring discrepancies on my 67BGT I'm trying to figure out
relative to the wiper motor and switch.

In a possibly related subject, several people have mentioned Clausager's
manual. Mainly in conversations on originality/appearance. I'm thinking of
buying a copy but have no idea on the contents - does it detail mechanics
and wiring?

David
67 BGT
71 BGT