Re: Found - '70 Road & Track

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Found - '70 Road & Track
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 12:40:33 -0700
This article is reprinted in the book "Road & Track MG Sports Cars
1962-1980" for those who are interested. Of course, I don't know if this
book is still in print, my copy dates from 1985. It's funny, R&T didn't
have a lot of positive things to say about our B after 1968 (and even
then they thought it was long in the tooth and due for replacement). For
example, the 1979 road test is subtitled: "We complain. BL makes money.
Time stands still." I think partly it was a fascination with the "modern"
technology of the time (OHC 6's, mid-engines, rotaries, IRS) that
distracted them from the merits of a well-balanced, responsive but not
blindingly fast or startlingly modern open car. Or maybe it was just the
folding top mechanism...

Dan Ray had this to say:

--

Max Heim