RE: carbs and valves update

To: Joanna Adler <joannaadler@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: carbs and valves update
From: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:48:04 -0700
Joanna, I don't know where you are right now, but two years back when I
took my MGBGT to Seattle with two 10 year old boys, I had some problems
with fuel delivery and missing.  I used my NAMGBR book, and it gave me the
name of a parts house which recommended Eller's Healy,Triumph, MG, located
at 4212 24th Ave. W, Seattle, phone number (206) 283-1107.  I was extremely
impressed with his knowledge and expertise.  He thought I might have a fuel
pump going out (it did later that year), but checked the carbs and
distributor and set timing for me.  I was there for 1 1/2 hours, but the
car ran like a top after that and made it back to Berkeley, California with
no further problems.  Hope this might help.

Joanna said:
Well, not so good news...

The compressions showed   0 / 0 / 150 /  0

Ouch.  After adjusting I am told that they are now all back up to 150
(which I find really hard to believe).  The mechanic (Robin at
Performance Motors) did say, however, that it can't be adjusted much
more so I think something is going to have to happen soon or else I
won't be continuing on across the country...

The car still seems to be running rough so I'm going to hobble to
Vancouver and see if I can hook up with Octagon/Colin and make a
decision as to whether to go ahead and replace the valves (and head?).
The smog stuff may come off and I may have to leave California when I
get home ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the Vancouver Vagabonds!

Joanna
79 MGB LE