Thanks, and more questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks, and more questions
From: "Kimo Tichgelaar" <77mgb@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 18:05:19 PDT
Thanks to everyone who helped with my last post.  I will have the manuals
soon, and then I can start poking around to see how bad it really is.

I have gotten a little more information about why the car wasn't running.
The previous owner had the clutch worked on in a garage in Paragould,
Arkansas (they claimed to know about British cars, but they are the same
<explicative deleteted> who mucked the wiring up), and on the drive home,
the car started to either smoke or steam from some unspecified location (he
isn't mechanically inclined, so I am working from some pretty vague
descriptions).  In trying to fix this, they messed with the wiring, and
couldn't repair it (perhaps they were working on the electric fans?).  Has
anyone run into anything like this?  The engine looks OK, not like it has
seriously overheated, but I haven't had a good look at the clutch and
transmition (but the clutch feels good, and the gears shift properly with
the engine off).

Thanks again.

Kimo Tichgelaar

Museum Registrar