Re: Follow-up Midget starting question

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Follow-up Midget starting question
From: Nory P <nory_midget@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
>.....difficult to start when there has >been a change
in the weather, such as
>just before a rainstorm.

Charles,
Have you already put in new plugs, points, condenser,
and wires?  Also, a new distributor cap might be in
order.  Hairline cracks could be letting in enough
moisture to cause starting problems (high humidity
before a rainstorm, leading to condensation inside the
cap).  I had that trouble with a truck I had once.
The slightest bit of dampness in the air and it
wouldn't start - couldn't see any cracks in the cap,
but never had trouble again after replacing it.  It's
a cheap fix and worth a try.

===

***The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail, as
before, to Nory@webtv.net
-----NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the ONLY
problem.