Re: Awful noise

To: neilc@tradesrv.com.au, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Awful noise
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:21:59 EDT
neilc@tradesrv.com.au writes:

<< OK my car - the brakes are very shot. The discs are ahem very bad. I have
 all the bits to replace just haven't been able to yet as my 626 is toast for
 the moment and I still need to get to work! Would anyone have an idea what
 this could be? Wheel bearing? Wire Wheel? Brakes? Rotors contacting pads
 when the brake isn't on at some certain vibration level?? >>

First thing is to replace all the bad brake stuff, since you know it's bad
and you have all the parts.  A loose brake pad can make funny noises at any
time.  It only takes a little time to do disk brakes, so get it done.  Then
try again to see if the noise is gone.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (needs front brakes every 4 months)