Thump a thump a thump...

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thump a thump a thump...
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:12:25 -0400
For those of you who may remember, I was having all sorts of problems with
my front suspension on my'72.  Thanks to all who helped me out on that.  The
sticking problem and most of the ride height imbalance were a result of way
overtightened prothane bushings on the left side of the car.

Now that that's fixed, I've got another challenge that I thought was
fixed...but isn't.  At low RPM, I get an occasional light thumping in the
floorboards that can be felt (and heard) on both sides of the car.  I
figured it was a loose exhaust coupling that had been smacked around while
my car was riding too low.  Well, I've fixed that, and the exhaust is hung
very tightly.  The motor mounts seem to be in good order as well.  I can't
think of anything else that would cause this symptom.  As I said, it only
happens at idle to around 1500 RPM.

Thanks,

=J=