Re: Mechanic referral needed...

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mechanic referral needed...
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 17:31:28 -0400
At 09:00 AM 7/8/99 -0400, Charles D. Sorkin wrote:
>Good morning, MG list:
>
>Does anyone have a reputable MG mechanic to recommend in the area of
>Northern New Jersey, specifically, near Montclair, NJ?
>
>In any case, since this is my first posting, let me introduce myself as the
>owner of a 1974 MG Midget.  This week, the car developed a difficulty in
>starting.  First two turns of the key got the starter cranking in the normal
>manner.  One the third turn I got that pathetic click and hum that normally
>indicates that my wallet will soon be lighter.
>
>Have tried to examine the starter, distributer, and electrical connections,
>but I am limited by my current lack of tools and an unlit garage.  The
>Haynes manual indicates that sometimes the starter motor "sticks" and must
>be dislodged with a spanner, but I could not determine whether or not this
>was occuring.
>
>Regards,
>

>Charles D. Sorkin
>cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com
>Bloomfield, NJ
>1275 Midget

The best MG mechanic in New Jersey is Rob Medynsky at MG T's. He is in West
Milford, about 35 minutes from you. ( take rt 3 to rt 46 to rt 23 north (14
miles) to Echo Lake Road. Echo Lake to Macopin Rd make left two miles to
the MG sign on left. )  His number is 973 728 3096  Don't trust anybody who
doesn't do only MGs. Ans Rob's prices are low.

Mike