Re: What a surprise!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What a surprise!
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:16:39 -0700
Bob Howard wrote:

> Rick,
>   Was this model a current item?  What brand of model, or was it a Mobil
> promotion?
> Bob
>
> On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 18:23:44 -0700 Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net> writes:
> >Today while out for a drive in the GT _ I stopped for gas at a Mobil
> >station in Hellertown, Pa.  Filled up the tank and went inside to pay
> >and what should I spy sitting on the counter? A 1967 MGB Convertible
> >Miniature all blister packed and only $1.99!!  Well needless to say
> >I grabbed that little baby quick!  It was the only one they had all
> >the
> >rest were cameros, mustangs etc I asked if they had any others in the
> >back but unfortunately they didnt!!
> >
> >Rick

To all those that emailed asking about this toy.

It is not a Mobil promo item. It is made in china, its die cast, Dark
Blue in colour, 1:43 scale. and the maker is NewRay, the package also
has a statement that the MG Logo and name are the property of Rover
Group Ltd.

I had one email from another lister who said he found two at a gas
station in Ohio.

Happy Hunting!!

Rick