Re: WHEEL PAINT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WHEEL PAINT
From: "Kimo Tichgelaar" <77mgb@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 05:22:18 PDT
At most graphics or art supply stores, you can purchase a brush-on mask
which will be more durable than soap and a better fit than those kits.
After the tyres are clean and dry, brush on a wide band of liquid mask, and
let it dry.  Then attach masking tape over the liquid mask, and newspaper
the rest of the area you want to protect.  The whole mess will peel off when
you are done.

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 07:10:10 -0500, Larry Dickstein wrote:

> > I would like to paint my wheels with the tires on. Can someone give me
> > guidance?

> After you get the wheels and tires VERY clean, brush on some sort of
> liquid dishwashing soap on the parts that you do not want to paint.

Kimo Tichgelaar

"The rose has thorns which the poet fails to see."