MG Publications

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Publications
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:30:46 -0400
>From: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>
>
>Can anybody recommend any good MGB publications?
>Are there any? or are they all club specific?
>
>-JW

Yes, and isn't that a great reason to join a club.  You'll never regret
joining NAMGBR - your first issue of the "MGB Driver" will be worth the
whole $25-membership fee right there (usual disclaimers..yada yada yada).

 MGs in general:  MG Magazine  <MGMag2000@aol.com> which has gone through
some trauma in recent years.  It's smaller than maybe 5 years ago but Greg
Perigo is really  getting it together - the quality of the last two issues
has been outstanding and I'm about to resubscribe.  (I think MG Mag and MG
Driver's Club ought to get together.  MG Driver's Club needs a real
magazine (not that I haven't enjoyed "The Logbook", but it's not a
magazine), and MG Mag needs a club to buy it!)

British cars in general: Buy something from Moss Motors.  You'll then get"
Moss Motoring"free, and it has become first class - I really enjoy it.

I also belong to MGCC.  Being on the 'wrong side' of the Pond, the only
bang I get for my buck is "Safety Fast" - and it's worth it.  Our Brit MG
cousins really compete in their cars - in ways most of us North Americans
wouldn't even consider.  Sure fun reading about it!

There's also" MG World" which I see and enjoy occasionally.  One of these
days I'll subscribe.

Now if you want a list of books, that's another topic.  But Clausager's
"Original MGB...",  Thornley's "Maintaining the Breed",  "MG by McComb" and
"MGB, An Illustrated History" by Woods and Burrell are high on my list.
"MG Sportscars" by Malcolm Green should be on every MG-lover's coffee
table.  It contains some of the most beautiful MG pictures I have ever
seen!!  It just oozes with Quality.

Happy reading!

Allen

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<