Be Aware (Beware????) MGB Peco Exhaust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Be Aware (Beware????) MGB Peco Exhaust
From: Nferre@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 22:03:13 EDT
Hi Gang!!!

I just purchased a Peco Free Flow exhaust for my 79B.  After it arrived, I
had to take a friend to pick up his Fiat at an exhaust shop.  I had
originally planned to install the exhaust myself, but when the guy at the
shop said $25.00, I quickly decided to let him do it.  It turns out to be the
best 25 bucks I ever spent.

When I went to pick the car up, I learned that the pipes did not line up
properly to the previously fitted Peco header.  The guy at the shop had to
test fit the system, and then use a pipe bender to put a couple of very small
bends in the exhaust pipes.  Then it turned out that the clamps sent with the
system weren't quite the right size, so he welded the pipes.  As I don't have
access to a pipe bender, I couldn't have done the job myself anyway.

I love the setup, although it is a bit loud around town.  Oh well, if others
on the road can't see me, they will certainly hear me.  It definitely sounds
sporty.  Tonight on the highway, it was very quiet, just a low throaty burble
from the tailpipe.

Tomorrow is the day off.....I'll tackle the Euro Spec distributor, Pertronix,
K&N air filters, valve adjustment, plugs, and adjust the carbs. Hopefully,
that will all go smoother.  On second thought..........I wonder if the guy is
interested in another 25 bucks!

Happy Motoring!

Nels Ferre
Lake Mary, FL