brake fluid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake fluid
From: "Terry O'Brien" <mgrepairs@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 10:58:43 -0400 (EDT)
Now that its clear to every member on this list that our trannies shift
best with Castrol Hypoy C 80/90W, lets move on to brake fluid.  It
seems that the popular opinion is that the only fluid to use is Castrol
gtLMA.  I think I even noticed someone putting down synthetic fluid.
Why?

When I stopped by my favorite parts house in order to purchase the
Castrol 20/50 (I used syn blend) to put in my transmission after I had
drained out that nasty Hypol crap that had been running in it for the
past 23 years (yes, the above was tongue in cheek), I looked for the
correct brake fluid to no avail.  I found Valvoline SynPower High
Performance Synthetic brake fluid.  It says it has a low moisture
formula which meets or exceeds DOT 3 &4, and has a boiling point of 333
to 513 F.  Our beloved Castrol is 311 to 446.  Could I have stumbled
upon a better product?  What is so wrong with synthetic?

===
Terry O'Brien, RDU/NC/USA
-'77 MG B (daily driver)
-'82 Dodge Ram 50