Re: MGB RHD,AUTOmatic

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB RHD,AUTOmatic
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 15:48:40 -0700
Don't know if this is the sort of info you were looking for, so FWIW...

MGB w/auto trans production numbers from Clausager:

1969-71 roadsters/GTs
     RHD Home market 90/475
     RHD export 10/40
     RHD Australia 192/0

Total = 292 roadsters, 515 GTs, all markets 69-71.

Grand total = 1668 RHD auto cars incl. roadsters & GTs, all years. Pretty
rare...

A 71 should have engine number series 18GG.

Hope this helps... No, I've never seen one. The transmission is the
common Borg-Warner type 35 3-speed, used in many cars of this period.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149