a/c thermostat needed

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: a/c thermostat needed
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:18:48 -0700
Hi folks,

    As some may recall, my commuting machine 77B had a/c installed when it was a
youngster.  I've decided to try to bring the a/c back to life in hopes that I
can plumb it into the defrosters.  There is a problem, i.e., the capillary tube
from the thermostat is broken.  The thermostat/temperature control is a
Cutler-Hammer switch that C-H can tell me nothing about.  I'm sure that it's a
generic part for after-market air conditioners, it measures the temperature of
the cold air in the duct and switches the compressor clutch in and out to
maintain the temperature.  Does anyone have an idea of where I can find a
suitable replacement?

     If necessary, I can just install a switch and control the clutch manually,
but that's living dangerously.  The tubing from the switch to the ether bulb is
about two feet long.  TIA.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB