Bleeding brake and clutch systems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bleeding brake and clutch systems
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:39:20 -0600
Now that my '79 B is starting to comeback together (finally!) I decided
it's time to refill the fluids.  The cluch cylinders have both been
rebuilt, and all the hoses and pipes are dry.  It's too hot outside to
spend all day in the garage trying to get all the air out of the lines, so
I'm looking for any ideas that might save me some time.  I have one of
those MityVac units, but it doesn't seem to do much except pull air in
around the bleeder screw threads, and the last time I did the brakes
manually, I thought I was going to wear the pedal out.  Should I bench
bleed the master cylinders first, or is this not necessary?
The clucth m/c is already on the car and hooked up, but the brake m/c isn't
yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Calvin