Re: Plug threads and leaves in heater vent.

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Plug threads and leaves in heater vent.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:41:35 -0700
Actually, Larry, just getting the heater *core* out is relatively
painless; you just undo the hoses, remove the fan motor, and take the
front cover off. This will enable you to get a vacuum in there to go
after the leaves. But (and this is a BIG but), DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE
HEATER BOX from the car unless you are doing a bare metal rebuild of the
entire vehicle, or are merely a masochist with lots of time on your
hands. Attempting to yank it out from the engine compartment side will
result in multiple disasters deep beneath the dashboard, and basically
result in the situation you feared.

Been there, done that, failed to prevent my buddy from going there and
had to fix that, too.

Larry Colen had this to say:

--

Max Heim