XKE Jag

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: XKE Jag
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:09:44 -0400
Is this subject topical for me!    Just took possession of a 74 E -type
and had to spend $3200 on bringing it up  to snuff mechanically.   Even the air
conditioner works beautifully after replacing seals etc.   It shows 25 years
worth of wear but rust is confined to lower quarter of rear fenders and minor
rust along the front fender seams - all repairable.   The car is a V-12
convertible.   I got it as a result of another party's divorce squabble.   It
runs great and is destined for summer driving and esthetics over the winter.
I now have $10K in the car, and based on what I am reading on this list and
elsewhere it appears I will be well ahead of the game , unlike some other past
car projects.    I would never conceive of paying some of the prices asked for
these cars when new, more modern sport cars are available in a number of
choices for similar prices.   I think that the Jag market is out of control.