Hi all -- I'm new

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hi all -- I'm new
From: Gauloise <gauloise@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:50:07 -0000
Hi all,

I'm new to the list. Moving from Germany (excuse my bad English...) to
California last summer I found a wonderful orange (original paint!) MGB
GT, 1970. I'm only the second owner and the lady who has driven it before
knew how to treat a car like this: she drove it regularly, for example,
and frequently polished the chrome. I drive it every day since and it
runs GREAT! I was especially lucky to end up with a car in such good a
condition since I didn't know anything about MGs at the time -- they
could have sold me anything...

Well, perhaps they did, in a way: The former owners had the original
engine replaced in 1989 by a rebuilt one. Is it normal for rebuilt
engines not to have an engine number? Or does it mean that it is fake
somehow?

Thanks for your advice
Gauloise

        ___