RE: 'B Questions

To: "Ruggiero, Larry Maj (Robins AFB)" <Larry.Ruggiero@afrc.af.mil>
Subject: RE: 'B Questions
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:28:31 -0700
Larry:

        The hard top sounds like it is a Snugtop brand.  The original MGB
factory top was smooth fiberglass with aluminium frames around plastic side
windows, not pebblegrain.

        The Snugtop had glass triangular side windows that were surrounded
by the pebblegrain fiberglass.  The Snugtop also does not have any provision
for rear mounting brackets.  Since the factory tops were hard to come by,
the dealer probably installed a Snugtop.

        Snugtop no longer supplies parts for these tops.  The original seals
were a length of generic L cross-section soft rubber that was glued all the
way around the front and rear of the top.  My suggestion would be to match a
seal with suitable cross-section from one of the rubber supply companies.

Kelvin.