Re: Racing Wheels

To: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>, <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Racing Wheels
From: "Henry A. Morrison" <dos_gusanos@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:36:11 -0700
Please everyone's experiences are different and I have heard of these wheel
failures but raced with sticky compounds on a set of TR6 rims since 1987.
Never had a failure.  I have severed the hub that they bolted to just under
braking so failure can happen anywhere in the suspension and the best you
can do is keep an eye on things.  I also find the statement that Factory
TR4's used Minilites in their rally efforts in the sixties a bit bold
because the fact is that they used wire wheels exclusively and I callenge
you to find a period photo of a rally car with them on.   Just as the Big
Healey Rally team exclusively used wire wheels in all of the rallys they
competed in.  They very often lost rallys because of not wire wheel failure
but rather the rear Hubs snapping
off........................................Cheers Henry Morrison    Cedar
Crest, NM