RE: %*&%*($ Moss!!!!

To: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Subject: RE: %*&%*($ Moss!!!!
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:03:49 -0700
Carl:

        I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the Moss engine paint and
are unhappy at customer service.  They work hard to do a good job, but nuf
said.  To be honest with you, I normally paint my engines with Rustoleum
Regal Red, then use the Moss engine paint to tint the final coat.  The Moss
paint is expensive, and to get adequate coverage, I found using a base coat
worked for me.  Keep in mind, I was building and painting MG engines long
before I started working here.  I'm also not that interested in having the
perfect Maroon color, non of my cars being concours bound.

        I have had problems with the paint in my engine compartment (Krylon)
getting damaged when I lost the radiator in my race car at one point.  But
that knowledge is not very helpful.

        Back in Colorado, we used to paint our concours bound engines with a
spray gun, using DQE50782 paint.  That was the only way that we could get
good hold and coverage, spray bomb paint would not hold up.

Kelvin.