Fueltanks, rearends, BDOG ...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fueltanks, rearends, BDOG ...
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:49:55 EDT
<<On my list of things I'd like to do with my B is to replace
the fuel tank with a fuel cell.
A) is it at all advisable to modify a fuel tank and install a bladder
foam etc?  Possibly remove the lower portion and use the top for
mounting while fabricating a box for the bladder?  Any idea of what this
would cost?>>

Just save yourself a lot of agony and buy a fuel cell.

<<Another dream conversion of mine is to get a rear axle with limited slip,
disc brakes and watts linkage.    Have any of you hot rodders ever had
an axle cut down?  What did it cost? >>

What sort of racing are you doing that allows rear discs on a B?  It would be
easier to cut down an axle that has the brakes already there, but then you
have to consider bolt patterns etc.  You could do worse than just fitting an
LSD to the B diff.
If you want to install a Watts link, plan ahead when you mount the fuel cell
-- bad form to have the new link rubbing a groove in the new fuel cell..

Bill S.
(whose race car has factory MG rear discs ;))