Steering colunm alignment

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering colunm alignment
From: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 20:15:22 -0700
Hi list, I was fastening my dash harness when I noticed I could see light
trough the bottom of my steering column on the bottom of the fire wall. The
bottom of the column ends in a cylinder with a lip that is supposed to seal
on the fire wall gasket. In my case they bottom cylinder does not slide
inside the fire wall and instead mounts on top the fire wall gasket. I
removed the steering column leaving the bottom shaft attached to the
U-joints. What I notice is that the shaft that goes into the car is to far
to the right and in order to be straight with the column must scrape the
right of the firewall hole. I understand that the shaft should enter the
whole in the middle?. Strange thing is my steering rack is brand spanking
new and seems to fit perfectly through the engine mount base hole? I figure
I can only adjust the top U-joints? Thanks for any suggestions
Enrique

SPAN Inc
(Enrique Claure)
8416 NW 66 St