Re: engine dismanteling help

To: tulch@ccsalpha3.nrl.navy.mil, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine dismanteling help
From: "David Macedonia" <david_macedonia@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:19:36 PDT
David,

Are the tappets really stuck? How long has the engine been unused? In any
case, to get mine out I coated them liberally with oil and used the suction
from the pushrods to pull them out. It required a bit of patience, but it
worked.

As for the engine removal, I used the generator mounting bracket at a bolt
screwed into one of the threaded holes for the exhaust manifold. With a
rented hydraulic hoist, I did it by myself.

Dave