Re: engine dismanteling help

To: David Tulchinsky <tulch@ccsalpha3.nrl.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: engine dismanteling help
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 19:08:30 -0700
On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 08:21:33AM -0400, David Tulchinsky wrote:

> One other thought, is it dangerous to lift the engine out by the head bolts??
> That is, can I hook the hoist up to bolts connected to the block vias the
> head bolts threads??  Will the threads rip out or will I warp the block??
> I suspect not, but I figured I'd check.

Yes you can.  Don't attach to the Head Studs, but a bolt to the block
(3/8 NC I believe) should work.  I generally attach via bolts to holes
at either the front or back of the engine.

If you can scam on a "load leveler" that will make your life a bit
easier.

    Larry
--
 Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by
killing all those who opposed them.