Re: Slowing the Fuel Gauge Fluctuation on an LBC

To: Wildbil923@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slowing the Fuel Gauge Fluctuation on an LBC
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:27:34 -0700
How fast is your fuel guage fluctuating?  Most guages have pretty slow
I don't know what the resistance of the sender is but I'd guess that the
time constant with a 100microfarad capacitor would be on the order of
tenths of seconds, far faster than the response of the guage.  It would
have the benefit of storing a lot more energy so that if something did
go wrong that might cause an the sender to arc it would be a lot more
likely for you (or your heirs) to collect insurance money from the
explosion and fire.

    lrc

--
 Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by
killing all those who opposed them.