Re: ignition timing

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ignition timing
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:40:49 -0700
I have been operating on the assumption that I have a HC engine, I always
use 92 octane, and I keep it at 14 degrees. [The reason for the
disclaimer is that it's a BHM engine number ("Gold Seal" rebuilt) out of
a wreck, and I can't find a configuration reference for the number
series.] A while back I had a little pinging problem after my timing
light broke, but I got a new one, retimed it, fixed various distributor
advance failures, and since then no problems.

Larry Colen had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149