Re: Fugliest MGB Award

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fugliest MGB Award
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:58:49 -0700
Why would this guy bother being on the list?  He obviously has nothing but
contempt for the LBC. He obviously does not have any MG technical questions
because apparently when he has a problem with a component of the car, he just
replaces it with some shoddy replacement from his 240SX parts car. :(
What I can't figure out is if he wanted a Miata, why didn't he just buy one
instead of
destroying a helpless MG.  How could you possibly replace an emmissionless MG
1800 with a emissions laden Nissan 1.4l and get more power?!?  The engine
that
was in that MG when this guy was testing it obviously must have had some
issues
for him to come to this conclusion.
Lastly, why would you even consider putting a automatic in a sports car?
Doesn't that
defeat the whole sportiness of the experience?
I dunno, I am just perplexed why someone would do that to one of our babies.
I am surprised that he left the chrome bumpers on it. :(

-JW

At 08:41 AM 8/25/99 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
>Actually, maybe I should shut up. It has Cal plates, it could be from my
>neighborhood. My gosh, maybe it's even a lister's?
>
>Naaaah!

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net
     drone@d23.com