Re: Fugliest MGB Award

To: Scott Hower <howersl@yahoo.com>, Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>,
Subject: Re: Fugliest MGB Award
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:07:57 -0400
> Never mind the dash, what is the 'gauge' living where the tach ought to
> be?  Looks like it came from a
> tractor!
>
> Guess he couldn't afford the other wiper...
>
> --Scott

That gauge would be the Laughometer, however it only operates while the car
is in use.  Simply, it measures the amount of laughter the automobile
recieves as it cruises around.

Seriously?  I have no idea what it is.  I doubt it is some sort of
tachometer, as the car now has an automatic.  It doesn't even have a dial
that looks normal.

Other notes:  leaves in the engine bay.  It looks like the car has been in
storage quite some time, and apparently with the bonnet open so that leaves
could wander in.  This would also explain why some items on the car a
missing (like the petrol filler cap, and one of the wipers).  The dash
colour is correct, although that one suffers from longterm exposure to
sunlight and as a result is faded (my '66 has the same colour dash now).
BTW, where is the Smiths heater / blower unit?  I also find the placement of
the bullet mirror odd.  The alignment of the boot lid doesn't look
satisfactory either.  Absense of any visible rotating cooling aparatus in
the engine bay, no crank driven fan or electrical fans behind the
radiator... I will assume that they are in front of the radiator (as in
later MGBs) but from the photos, I can't tell.

What astounds me is that people are actually bidding on this car.  20 of
them now, and the car is currently listed at $2500.00 USD.

This has turned out to be one of the cars I have studied and ridiculed the
most... which is sad considering what it is.  (I don't even spend this
amount of time at shows looking at a single car for faults or features)

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
Not the only Triumph TR6 @ Ithaca College