Re: What does this switch do on my trans?

To: Mgbreh@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: What does this switch do on my trans?
From: Ericsmgs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:00:53 EDT
Ray,
The switch on the "remote control housing" is for a neutral safety switch.
The cars from somewhere around 72 I believe up to 76 had this.  There was a
light on the console that I believe said "NEUTRAL" ( I can't remember) or
something like that.  The intent was to let you know when the car was in
neutral for starting, etc.  At any rate, that is the way it is set up on my
73.  This switch position may have been used for spark control on later cars,
but I can't seem to remember that at the moment, either.

Eric

.