Education please on carburetor

To: <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Education please on carburetor
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:55:14 -0700
> Bill said:
In any case, I still want to know what provides the lift on the piston.
Anyone know of a particularly good reading source on how these beasts work?

Dear Bill:

Try "Tuning SU Carburetters", by G.R. Wade. I have the 4th edition, 1981,
and it gives a great description of how they work, and how to keep them
balanced.
I bought it from Automotive Books Company in Beaverton Oregon. Owners name
is Logan Gray, phone 503-292-7747.

Kind regards,

Tim Economu                                   phone:  360-579-2117
Design Engineer                                     fax: 360-579-2117
Trace Engineering             email: economu@whidbey.com
4131 Springwater
Clinton, WA 98236