Loss Of A Friend

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Loss Of A Friend
From: "Ben Carufel" <bphotoman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 13:24:39 PDT
   Last Thursday, a week ago today, San Diego MG Club Member Charles (Chuck)
William Pooch was driving down the freeway here in San Diego, when he
apparently veered into a Toyota that was driving beside him. His 1969 MGB
Roadster, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune, spun into the divider
and exploded into a ball of flames. Mr. Pooch was trapped inside, believed
unconscious, and was unable to escape the burning car.
   Mr. Pooch, though I did not know him well, was thought by the club to be
a nice, caring individual. He was a teacher of Mathematics at Francis Parker
Middle School in San Diego. Mr. Pooch had owned his '69B since new, and had
accumulated almost a half million miles since it's purchase. He is survived
by his wife Ann, and sons Shawn and Eric. Eric is currenty attending UC
Santa Barbara. Mrs. Pooch has stated that she wishes to remain affiliated to
the club. She does not blame the car for his passing, and added that he
"loved the car."
   Messages of sympathy can be mailed to the Pooch Family, P.O. Box 1254,
Spring Valley, CA, 91979.
   I hope to have a memorial up on the San Diego Club's webpage soon. The
address of the page is http://www.start.at/sdmgc.

Regards,
Ben Carufel
on behalf of the San Diego MG Club