no power

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: no power
From: Steve Buche <sbuche@molalla.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 13:14:01 -0700
Imagine, if you will a 69 MGB, with no power - it starts and runs - and
the following compression readings - (starting from the front of the
engine) 145lbs, 150lbs, 35lbs, 35lbs. Imagine that :-)

I am just starting life as a MG owner and need some advice.  Looking at
the two shop manuals that came with the car I find little in the way of
trouble shooting information and therefore, before I begin to operate on
this LBC, I thought I would solicite some sage and wise advice.  Any
suggestions?