MGA fender piping

To: "mgs@autox" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA fender piping
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 09:40:31 -0400
Hello all, I'm just about ready to take the A apart, fix the body metal
and repaint the car.  I have one issue that I can not resolve and it
centers on the fender piping.  Should the piping be run in a continuous
strip from the fender front past the windscreen post or should it be cut
in front of the post (under the post grommet) and then restarted aft of
the post?  Clausager book pictures and text were no help. Unfortunately,
my current piping is brittle and has broken off in the critical area
leaving me wondering if the present situation on my car (piping
discontinued under the windscreen post rubber) is a result of pieces
breaking off or whether this was the original situation when the car was
assembled!  Thanks in advance for your input.
*****************
Regards, Eric Stephen
1960 MGA1600 Roadster
NAMGAR# 574
Nepean, Ontario
Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189
Ottawa MG Club:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189/omgc.html

Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
It endureth and is always strong;
It liveth and conquereth for ever more;
The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt marvel.
- The Apocryphal Books of Esdras