Re: MGA fender piping

To: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>, "mgs@autox" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA fender piping
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 14:15:06
At 09:40 AM 9/5/99 -0400, Eric Stephen wrote:
>.... ready to take the A apart, .... fender piping.  Should the piping be
run in a continuous strip from the fender front past the windscreen post or
should it be cut in front of the post (under the post grommet) and then
restarted aft of the post? ....

The piping there is in two pieces with a break just long enough to fit the
windscreen post through.  At that point you will need to cut the ends of
the piping at an angle to match the angle of the post, especially the
longer piece in front, so that the top edge with the bead on it will come
up flush with the edge of the rubber boot or nestle up underneath the
rubber boot, your choice.  I stopped my piping at the edge of the boot so
the rubber piece lays down as tightly as possible against the body.  I
think it looks better without the piping bead holding the boot up off the
surface.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg