Need help w/ Daily driver

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need help w/ Daily driver
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 22:45:55 EDT
Guess the B got jealous cause I was working on rebuilding carb on 76 Toy. Fri
on way home it ran fine but wouldn't idle. Would have to coast to lights
alternating between brake to stop and gas to rev engine to keep it running.
Finally died 2 miles from home. Tapped on carbs etc etc and it finally
started and made it home. out of town that pm and back today. Cranked it, ran
ok and took to get gas and carb cleaner. After warmed up it started not
wanting to idle again and wouldn't restart after stop at discount auto for
carb cleaner. Home after dinner I removed carbs, checked bottom end with
float and float jet. Gas was in float when took off bottom, cleaned up and
checked float adjustment but didn't really find anything. Back together it
fired right up although not really wanting to idle at low rpm. Shut down and
saw vapors coming back out of carbs. Tried restarting and sounded like engine
didn't want to turn. worried I looked at carbs again and waited a bit. Now it
turns ok but won't fire. Checked plugs and they are black and wet, with gas?
Thinking back when one carb would stick would sound like running on 2
cylinders, now doesn't want to run at all. Carbs rebuilt professionally about
3yrs/25k ago. Fuel pump has never beenn problem since I bought in 93. It
appears to be cube shape aftermarket but hard to tell as covered with
undercoating since I bought it.
Is it possible that pump suddenly is putting out too much pressure? Vapors
came from both carbs and all plugs black indicating a problem affecting both
carbs. how do you check pressure from pump? I suspect fuel pump or something
that affect all cylinders since it doesn't even want to run on two cylinders
and carbs have recent rebuild and I rechecked floats and flaot valve.
Please help. It is bad when you own 5 cars and still don't have one to get to
work in.
Robmgb
74B w/ fuel problems
76 Toyota with car undergoing rebuild
98 Intrigue Wifemobile
93 Saturn Daughter at college Car
83 GMC S-15 sonmobile-yea try borrowing that