RE: Weekend trauma - long of course

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: RE: Weekend trauma - long of course
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 08:48:08 -0700
I can't figure out which I like to read most. The posts from guys that had a
great time & their LBC is running like a top, or the ones like yours where
you're about ready to kick the dog cuz you can't figure out what's wrong!
For example, yesterday I spent about 2 hours on a 10 minute job. The cable
for the heater temp control needed to be fixed (see "Hot Foot" post awhile
back). First I tightened the cable connection & was attempting to fix the
wire when it broke off. Grrr. Now I had to take the cable back out & strip
the insulation off to get another length of wire. While re-connecting the
cable I noticed that the screw was stripped. Luckily I found a spare screw
that fit. So I hook everything up and everythings fine, right? No. Turns out
that I pulled the cable out of the other end under the dash! Well I
re-connect that and finally I have a working heater control & my feet won't
sweat so much!

"You can observe a lot by just watching." - Yogi Berra

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA
'76 MGB Roadster
GHN5UG393585G