Re: Which Grille?

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Which Grille?
From: michael j robson <miker15@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:46:04 -0400

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:57:45 +0100 "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
writes:
> The recessed grill came in for the 1970 model year with roadster No.
> 187170
> (Oct 69) and GT No. 187841 (Sep 69).  The honeycomb grill came in
> for the
> 1973 model year with roadster No. 294251 and GT No. 296001 (both in
> Aug 72).
> The honeycomb shell is the same as the slatted shell.
>
> Info from Clausager.
>
> PaulH.

But of course no Abingdon amendment is ever precise - Ian Pender has a
parts car from sept 69
(sorry dont have full vin but it is 186 something 'cos we looked it
up)which has the recessed grille but
has 69 seats and a one piece rear bumper (it also has an  aluminium
bonnet with a lot of listers signatures on it!!)

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 riley