Re: Reviving a Stromberg

To: "Enrique Claure" <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: Reviving a Stromberg
From: "mowog77 bootknocker" <mowog77@theglobe.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 05:53:43 -0700
Enrique,

In all honesty, I think the Stromberg has gotten a lot of bad press and if it
weren't for that piss poor water choke, I'd say it was a damn good carb!

I played with mine for a while before I decided to switch over to dual HS4s,
but like I said the only drwback to the Stromberg was the water choke - because
it gave really good top end response, great gas mileage (34 mpg highway/28-30
mpg street) and it was fairly easy to tune and/or rebuild.

If you want ot rebuild it, then go for it, believe me any carb can be rebuilt,
it just takes time, patience and thought.

Erik.
--

On Tue, 07 Sep 1999 16:09:30   Enrique Claure wrote:
>Hi list, I bought a Weber to replace my 77Bs Stromberg. When I bought the
>car it ran quite well with no hesitation or other carb problems. When I
>took the strom out it was a miracle it worked because it had silicone all
>over the place and patched diaphragm. My question is how do you tell a
>Stromberg is fixable? and are they better or worse than Webers for street
>use. Enrique
>
>SPAN Inc
>(Enrique Claure)
>8416 NW 66 St
>Miami Florida
>33166
>Forwarding Offices

The Globe
  Your friendly full-service integrated online community.
  http://www.theglobe.com